The overall project’s objective was to increase the efficiency of the quality evaluation process for the Romanian Higher Education system by implementing an e-Education system that provides a modern and efficient IT support for The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS) users. The project also aimed to ensure their access to online courses, performed at the highest level.
The main project’s objective was to develop a complex management and delivery system for virtual trainings that includes the implementation of e-Education application by adding management modules for the sessions held in training rooms, grouping and integration of electronic content, and electronic correcting of homework. In order to implement the system, it was necessary to transform ARACIS support materials for online training programs. Thus, the support materials, have been transformed given that not all courses will be taught exclusively in class; some of the material will be studied by each student individually and the other part of them will be presented in “face to face sessions” using a videoconference system.
Moreover, the quality of virtual face to face sessions was increased, because students start out by studying individually before participating to these sessions and the trainers can focus more on those activities aimed to develop skills and improve the quality of the course.
SeECIS system is composed by 3 functional subsystems:
- The eLearning system – an online eLearning platform for user training;
- The University Data Processing subsystem - an online platform for entering, central processing and reporting of academic information of interest for ARACIS;
- The Infrastructure Management system - represents all the software components of the project’s infrastructure management.
- The system brings a great support to users by eliminating a significant amount of bureaucratic effort in handling paper documents;
- The application is user friendly and each electronic folder or document is developed using a dedicated workflow;
- Moreover, looking and finding information in these files and documents is significantly simplified by using a powerful search mechanism in the centralized electronic archive instead of searching in a physical archive (paper documents);
- The reporting process becomes fast and efficient by also taking advantage of the information/data already entered in the system. Besides, the system includes also a feature for creating reports and data aggregation in a BI ("Business Intelligence") manner;
- Benefits of the e-Learning Platform:
- Rapid training of a large number of ARACIS evaluators/university employees;
- The advantage of monitoring reports of the training process;
- Lower training costs;
- Easy access to structured knowledge.
What we did
- Consulting Services
- Analysis & Design
- Software Development & Deployment
- Project Management
Technology we used
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- BitDefender Scanner Antivirus
- Liferay Portal
- Oracle GlassFish Server
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- VMWare vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition
- VMWare vCenter Standard Edition;
- Symantec BackupExec
- INTUITEXT eLearning Suite
- SUN-Oracle, model Sun Ray 3i
- SUN-Oracle, model Sun Fire X4170 M2 Server
Do you want to know more?
Call us for an informal chat, or send an email and we will contact you.